CODING WITH SCRATCH
Demystifying Computer Programming
Explore the magic of computer programming with Scratch, a free-to-use software developed by MIT’s best brains to encourage young learners to combine creativity with logic! With a cutting-edge application and a series of exciting projects, students uncover the sensational world of coding. Every day, participants expand their skills as they build their very own interactive storyboards and games with audio, video, animated characters and more.
Scratch Camp demystifies computer programming and gets students fired up about creating and coding – they love it!
- One device per student recommended
- Scratch is compatible with any Internet‐connected device, including desktops, laptops, iPads, Android tablets, and Chromebooks. Best when used with video projector available.
Each Activity Includes:
- Topic Background Information & Vocabulary
- Optional Extension Activities
- Materials List
- Introduction to Scratch
- The Pen and Precise Motion
- Multiple Events and a Multiplayer Game
- Music and Dancing Sprites
- Bitmap Graphics
- Speaking Sprites
- Costumes and Changing Seasons
- Vector Graphics
- Introducing If Statements
- Asking and Answering