1, 2, 3 Action!
Lights, camera, action! As the digital age continues to advance technology, making it more affordable and accessible to the public, it’s never been easier to learn the art of filmmaking. Developed around tablets and free editing software to make filmmaking fun and approachable, Video Production empowers students with technical skills in video filming and editing while exploring the historical significance of film and the unique elements of storytelling.
From storyboarding and the rule of thirds to lighting and audio, each activity builds upon the previous day, culminating in a final film project that movie-makers proudly share at the festival held the last day of camp. Participants fuse art and technological literacy together as they bring STEM to the silver screen in this extraordinary introduction to filmmaking!
Each Activity Includes:
- Opening & Closing Discussion
- Step-By-Step Activity Instructions
- Topic Background Information & Vocabulary
- Materials List
- One tablet (Android or iPad) per group of students.
- Android Tablets: PowerDirector to edit videos, import audio and view final videos.
- iPads: Perfect Video to edit videos, import music and view final videos, and Documents by Readdle to download and store audio files.
- Daily Lesson Titles
- Storytelling & Film
- Silent Films & Genres
- Interviews & Reporting
- Documentaries & Composition
- Intro to Filming
- Film Framing and Experimentation
- Film to Edit & B-Roll
- Intro to Editing
- Source & Sync Audio Files
- Final Edits & Credits
- Film Festival