Why We Do What We Do
Nexplore believes in the Joy of Learning. We are inspired by a few basic principles:
- When you learn what you love, you will love to learn.
- When you are motivated to learn, learning becomes a goal, rather than a means. This sparks a purposeful, life-long journey of discovery and passion.
- Enrichment programs are fundamental to the growth, development and success of our future leaders.
Through our programs, we aim to enlighten and empower the next generation to thrive in the 21st century.
How We Achieve the Joy of Learning
Nexplore is committed to offering opportunities of learning. Our classes allow each child to explore and discover their own inspiration and develop a passion that drives them to excel. We offer opportunities for children to reveal their unique talents and pursue them in a collaborative, engaging and FUN environment.
Nexplore offers a unique selection of enrichment program that fosters student strengths in:
- Cognitive abilities to critically think, problem solve and logically reason
- Social skill development (intrapersonal and interpersonal skills)
- Emotional awareness and management
- Physical strength and respect toward overall fitness and movement
- Cultural understanding, global awareness & respect for humankind
- Creative thinking, innovation and entrepreneurship
Nexplore draws upon the theories of many respected educational scholars to inspire the Joy of Learning through our programs.
As Abraham Maslow’s theory of “self-actualization” suggests, a holistic approach to education empowers the individual to develop their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, artistic, creative and spiritual potentials.
Nexplore takes the theory self-actualization theory and puts it into action with hands-on, interactive programming designed to foster development of the WHOLE child.
Aristotle once said, “for the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” Similarly, Daniel Kolb’s Experiential Learning Theory supports the idea of learning through experience. Nexplore embraces this hands-on approach by providing fun, engaging and challenging experiences that facilitate learning. Furthermore, we connect these enrichment experiences to real life applications.
Similarly, John Dewey, renowned philosopher and theorist, also emphasized the importance of education to be grounded in real experiences, which allow children to think for themselves and articulate their experiences.
Educational theorist, Nandish V. Patel of Brunel University developed the Holistic Approach to Learning and Teaching Interaction which “aims to make learning a process of self-improvement that explicitly recognizes the self and the social context of learning and teaching, and recognizing the needs of the individual learner in the interaction.” Nexplore programs empower children to recognize and improve upon their strengths in a creative, social, emotional and culturally diverse environment.
Nexplore has embraced all of these theories in designing holistic programs that incorporate FUN curriculum to empower children to be the most that they can be.